Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/traders/public_html/wp-includes/functions-formatting.php on line 76
Institutional Investor did a cover story on the otherwise shy and enigmatic Thomas Peterffy, founder of Interactive Brokers.
Here are some excerpts:
- Peterffy was born in Budapest during a 1944 bombing raid by the Russians.
- He came to the US in 1965 and taught himself programming
- In 1977, he bought an AMEX seat
- “As I stood on the floor, I was constantly fantasizing about how to put what I was doing into a computer program”
- IB is one of the biggest market-makers in the world trading in over 9,400 securities on more than 50 exchanges world wide
- IB has revenues of +$1 billion with half being profits (!)
Reading about Perteffy’s life and accomplishments made me recall this quote:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-George Bernard Shaw
Enjoyed this? Don't miss the next one, grab the feed or