Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/traders/public_html/wp-includes/functions-formatting.php on line 76
Is it just me or is Barron’s really starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel? I’ve been reading it for more than half a dozen years now, and I get the uneasy feeling that each week the quality is just that tiny bit less than last.
This most recent issue of Barron’s (left) is a good case in point. Do we really need another list? And “most respected”? by whom? by what subjective measure? And how is this of benefit to any investor or trader?
Obviously the companies who place in the top 5 have something new to brag about. But what about the readers? Isn’t that what Barron’s should be focusing on?
Their recent foray into creating the Barron’s 400 Index is another head scratcher. Who needs yet another index? So what if it has out performed in backtesting?
Here are my suggestions (in case their editor stumbles onto this blog by mistake) to improve the once great publication:
- remove the stock quotes (really, who relies on a newspaper for their quotes?)
- with the savings hire some new writers
- expand coverage into international and emerging markets
- do more investigative journalism
- put more emphasis on technical analysis (Barron’s used to be very technical analysis oriented but it has moved more and more into strictly fundamental analysis)
Got your own suggestion? Let’s hear it.
Enjoyed this? Don't miss the next one, grab the feed or