Two days ago I offered a chart and asked whether you would buy it or not. Rather than reveal it in the comments section as promised before, I decided to make a new post to show you the price action that followed:
For those keeping score:
- Eyal went long with a trailing stop above $7
- Michael preferred to stand aside but ‘gun to the head’ he went short (and was stopped out)
- Idempotent tried to short it below $6 but never got the chance since HANS never saw that handle again
- Yunis stood aside
- Chad went long with a stop at the trendline and got stopped out in the $40-$50 range
- Pradeep went long and targeted $20 (which he might have gotten if he held on through the July pullback)
- and finally, Mousefinger went long and is assumed to be still munching on a massive block of cheese he bought with the profits
Thanks to all who participated!
If you haven’t taken a look at Hansen’s long term (monthly) chart, go ahead and do so. You’ll find that from mid-1998 to mid-2003 it was going sideways. Boring if you were trading the stock but if you happened to come in later, you would have appreciated the massive base that it built. Without it, I don’t think it would have been able to launch such a rocket to the moon.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find the ‘next HANS’. It is out there, biding its time, waiting to be discovered. Fire up the filters!
Enjoyed this? Don't miss the next one, grab the feed or