Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/traders/public_html/wp-includes/functions-formatting.php on line 76
The market is bumping its head against a resistance range from 1400 to 1450. This area was of course, support just a few months back.
Starting from April 18th, I noticed a change in the market tone. Whereas pretty much every single indicator had been flashing buy in January, February and March, one by one, they started to point to caution:
- too many stocks above their 10 day moving average
- a fourth attempt at the 1400 level
- AAII sentiment back to October 2007 bullishness and the ISE call put ratio too high
- trading volume low enough to cause concern
- 78% of S&P 500 stocks above their 50 day moving average
- “Sell in May and go away!”
- market stretched above its 50 day moving average
- AAII sentiment inches even more to bullish excitement
- number of S&P 500 52 week highs compared to 52 week lows signals caution
The best scenario for the bulls would be for the market to pause here and digest this overbought condition and then continue to move higher, breaking above the flag or pennant formation.
Enjoyed this? Don't miss the next one, grab the feed or